Best 3 Wheel Electric Scooters for Kids in 2020
Last Updated on by
3 wheel scooters are perfect for kids who need a stable robust scooter. Three wheels combine stability, agility with the performance so you can ride safely.
Three-wheeled scooters use a tilt and lean steering meaning kids can lean in the direction they want to go and the wheels will turn in that direction.
This innovative lean to steer style is easy to learn and has been designed to develop coordination as kids ride. Over the years, different types of products have been invented to keep up with the rising demand.
The broad choice has however made finding a good 3 wheel scooters for kids the first time a bit challenging and therefore I have examined a handful of 3 wheel electric scooters and here is a list of the best products I found based on stability, performance and riding safely.
3 Wheel Scooter For Big Kids - Swagtron Cali Drift Electric Scooter
This Swagtron three wheel electric scooter has a unique design which improves stability. The handlebars are U shaped and adjustable for a good grip so you can adjust the ride as you like. Another design touch is a wide colorful non-slip deck which will keep you from falling and makes you stand out among all the classic scooters around.
See Swagtron Cali Drift in Action
The stem of the handlebars is adjustable for riders of different heights so the ride would be comfortable. You can cruise around for 9.5 miles at the speed of 15.5mph before the battery needs recharging. It recharges in 2.5 hours so you can go on another adventure immediately.
The handlebar can slide from side to side for easy maneuvering. Drift has a thumb-activated throttle which comes in handy when you cruise fast and you need you can choose speeds with a simple push of a button.
You can simply fold down the scooter and put it in the car trunk or under the bus seat as it weighs only 22lbs. It can carry an average adult of 264lbs. The brakes are quick and efficient with either the handbrake or footbrake—or both for extra safety. Solid rubber wheels give the Cali Drift a smooth ride for all terrains.
- Enhanced Stability. Enjoy the enhanced stability of a 3-wheel configuration and spacious deck,...
- Breezy maneuverability. Adjust the height of the handlebars to accommodate you. The unique shape of...
- Drift for miles. Featuring a 250W motor, This three-wheel electronic scooter scale 8-degree INCLINES...
Best tricycle scooter for kids
- Blast into the future with the PowerRider 360 - all-new, electric powered 3-wheeler from Razor!
- Features push button throttle and reaches speeds up to 9 mph with up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Cut full 360 degree spins, slide, even drift on its duel inclined rear caster wheels
Best 3 wheel kick scooter for kids
- Suitable for Various Age: The three-wheel scooter can suit teenagers or Adults playing scooters and...
- Adjustable Height Handlebar: The height Handlebars can be adjusted to the proper height to ride, the...
- Propelled by Twisting your Hips, The three scooters develop kids’ body balance and coordination....
A Quick background on how 3 wheel electric scooters work and how to ride them
A 3 wheel electric scooter or a “Trikke” is a personal vehicle with a flexible frame on 3 wheels, stabilizing it in all conditions, on turns, or uneven surfaces.
The rider stands on two-foot platforms above the two rear wheels and steers the vehicle with handlebars attached to the lone front wheel.
A body-powered Trikke is propelled using a motion that moves the vehicle along a curved, S-shaped path which is called carving. The rider moves the vehicle from side to side, turning the handlebars and leaning the front structure while moving one’s body weight toward the side one is turning into.
The weight of the rider during a turn (or “carve”) is placed mainly on the foot at the outside of the turn. The inside foot will support very little weight and the rider will often lift the heel of this foot during the turn.
The resulting motion is similar to skiing, a move on a skateboard or one’s leg movements during roller skating.